Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Our first night in the new house!

"The children were all nestled all snug in their beds while visions..."

Wait!! It's not Christmas! It just feels like it!

We stayed at the new house as a family! All of us! The boys stayed in their room, Tara was in hers and we stayed in ours! The dog and cat were in heaven because they didn't know which bed to crawl into. I probably shouldn't say bed. We still haven't received any shipments yet but we purchased another air mattress and Tara made a pallet on the floor. (For all you city people a pallett is a country word for layering blankets and sheets on the floor to provide comfort while sleeping.)

What prompted the big move from all the comforts and conveniences of Mom's house? Nothin' really. We just felt like it was time. Tara and Tyler have made some friends and I really want to finish this painting marathon I started. Monday our express pack should arrive which means the WII can be moved from Grandma's house too. The kids have been watching movies on the computer and Kev and I have been pilfering some one's WIFI so I feel no need to connect cable just yet. I may change my mind quickly but it's been nice without the idiot box always on.

One thing I have always loved is thunderstorms. Due to the temperate climate of Hawaii that is one thing that I dearly missed. This week Mother Nature has welcomed me home with some wonderful storms with lightening that turns night into day and thunder so loud you can feel it rattle your bones. It is very nice to swing on the screen porch and watch and feel the storms blow through the neighborhood. One more thing to love about this house that is still not ours.

The YMCA is becoming a daily adventure. I even got my parents to join. They have a super cool splash pad around the pool for the kids to enjoy and they are all of age now where I can leave them in one of their childwatch areas and work out. Some one else will watch my kids for 2 hrs so that I can do nothing but work out! How awesome IS that? The church that we used to drive from Virginia Beach to get to is just around the corner. We really need to make a conscious effort to get back into the habit but it has been difficult with the lack of routine. Some semblance of a family with a routine or schedule is what I am hoping for now that we, and our few belongings, are all under one roof.

I think we are settling in....just a little bit.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

VB???? what happened to SD??? Email me....akorbak@hotmail.com