Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mr. Obama- your response please!

This came from a friend and neighbor. Nate is stationed here in Hawaii and his response is one I would love to hear answered. What awesome rhetoric from a true American hero. He, along with many others on this base, risk their lives for people some say we have no business fighting to protect. He characterizes the Iraqi nation as "people that are important to me". If you believe in God and that all men are brothers there is no argument here. Thank you Nate! This is why I am proud to be part of the US Military!


Feb 19, 2008 8:02 PM
My name is Nate and up front I will say that I am not an Obama supporter. I am in the Marines and I have served in Iraq.

I just finished watching Obama giving a speech about hope. He spoke of having a different mind set then the one which led us to the war in Iraq. Then he spoke about hope.

The hope our founding fathers felt when facing the British...the hope the slaves felt...the hope women had to have the same rights as men...the hope our "finest generation" had while taking on facism and evil in Hitler's Nazi Germany, (not to be likened to Sadam's dictatorship at all, that is the wrong mindset and totally different).

Mr. Obama forgot about some people that are important to me...what about the hope that the Iraqi people have to one day be free from oppression and terrorism? The hope made possible by our "wrong mindset." By our Marines, Soldiers, Airmen, and Sailors. By our commitment to helping them to get out from the dictatorship of Sadam and to conquer the radical muslims. By President Bush's determination to not abandon our effort and to stand by freedom and democracy.

Mr. Obama was against helping these people all along, dont forget that, he always brings it up when it is popular. I wonder if he would stand by that comment if asked, "what about the hope of a nation in need of our help?"

.

No comments: