Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Neptune Festival (Forgot about it!)




While I was uploading pics I forgot to mention we hit the Neptune Festival last weekend.

Long, long ago I found a fake cake adorned with fresh fruit and cool whip that people instantly see and want a slice. So whenever possible I go back hoping to find another fake cake with a fall look. (yes I know-it is absolutely ridiculous of me, sort of Martha-ish if you will!) Well, no luck. Lots and lots of food stands and people hocking their crafts but no cakes. A couple of pies that were candles but not what I wanted.

Any hoo, I got everyone there under the pretense of seeing the amazing sand castles. The professionals had been there, gone and had already been judged. To see what these folks made from sand boggles my pee brain.

There were locals on the scene building the day we were there to be judged as amateurs. I could have stood for hours and watched as these people cut through the sand with every and any tool you could imagine, sprayed with water bottles and then blew with a straw to remove any grains that shouldn't have been there. The kids were fascinated and instantly dropped themselves into the sand and wanted to build the castle of their dreams. Even Kevin did a little ohhhing and awwwing. Check the pics if you want to see some of these amazing creations.

No comments: