Thursday, December 04, 2008

Justice, the Y and Verizon (oh my!)

I got a phone call yesterday from the local PD and the neighborhood hoodlum responsible for looting so many vehicles has been caught. I don't know the particulars but apparently he was brought down by Mom. Mom was in his room and wondered about the lovely Vera Bradley bag (mine!) he had stashed wherever a boy stashes an obviously female bag. When she opened it she discovered lots of GPSs and a Kodak camera (mine!) with the SD card intact. Mom turned him in. Muhuhuhuh! Although I applaud her for doing the right thing, I am sure it was a struggle and has ripped her heart out.
On the other hand, I am oh-so-very excited to get my work bag back and the SD card. When I was describing my camera to the detective in the property office they had originally thought it belonged to someone else. I described how the lens was loose and he professed it was a nice tight fit. As he turned the camera facing down so he could look at the pictures I was describing, I heard the lens fall out and hit the desk.
"So was that the lens?"
"Uhh, yes ma'am. Maybe this camera is yours." Ya think??
Now if I can convince him that one of the GPSs is mine I'll be back in business. My advice: WRITE DOWN THE SERIAL NUMBER!
The GPS is a very corrupting little device. My entire life I have been excellent at directions and finding my way around. If I have been there once, I can get there again. No problem. After owning a GPS I now feel as if I will be horribly lost forever if I can't see the streets displayed as I approach them. My son learned left and right from the not-so soothing voice that dictates direction. I feel cheated that I never got to actually try and drive while just looking at the 4 inch screen. (I swear it can be done!) I WANT my GPS people!!!
***breathe in, breath out***
We belong to the YMCA (can you read that with out singing the song?) and I workout there while the kids play in their respective "zones". Once in a while, when they are swinging from the dining room light or climbing the curtains, we'll go up there to swim/wear them out. Trey will now happily go straight into the toddler area without a whimper. Tyler loves to color and play in the tubes and in the I zone they have a WII and a rock climbing wall. He has made it about half way up the wall. I love to watch the determination that overcomes his little features each time he climbs into the harness.
Tara learned from Grandma Linda that she was old enough to go into the fit room. She discovered this and has approached it with the same passion she does most things- balls to the wall!! (Pardon my slang!) She made an appointment with the fitness instructor and was oriented to the machines. Now she sits and adjusts the seat and the weights like a little pro. They have Disney on above the treadmills and she walks/runs happily watching Waverly Place. She has recently discovered the rowing machines and says she likes to row "like we did in the water at Kaneohe." I love it because she now hounds me about going which keeps me on more of a schedule. Tyler starts b-ball practice there tonight so opportunities will be endless.
Verizon has laid cable on our street. I can't wait to call Cox and cancel my cable subscription. They have had a monopoly in this area for too long. Maybe as with most businesses, a little competition will force them to make needed changes. I could have hidden lots of bodies in the holes that were dug in my yard but they did a fine job of covering them up.
Okay, this is where the rambling ends.
Wait! Kev if you are reading this, I found the lil green book in the playroom. Who would have thunk it??

No comments: