Sunday, January 14, 2007

Brrrr! The house is cold!

My a/c works!! I was able to turn off the window units, get rid of the fans and every room is cool and comfortable! Yeeaahh! Of course I had to go knocking on Forest City's door and ask why I had not heard from them since they had given me the estimated date of repair as 1/08. Amazingly enough they gave me a repair date for the next day. Now if I had inquired the day before I wonder if it could have been fixed the day prior? And if so, they should have been on the phone calling me to let me know that the parts had arrived and asking when they could perform the repair for me. Very poor customer service. Anyway I have a brand new unit and it is working nicely. Now I just have to return all the fans and a/c units we have borrowed.
Tara had opening day ceremonies for cheer leading again today but we are now into b-ball instead of f-ball. The performance was very cute minus a few technical difficulties with the music. They had a game later in the day that Kev went to while I napped so I could come in to work. He said they need to get used to cheering inside from the bleachers instead of outside behind the lines of the football field. The coaches always neglect the first game when preparing for opening ceremony so it will get better. Tara loves coach Angela and she is great with the girls. She likes to bribe them with stickers and, occasionally, candy. It works! Kevin was glad I was going to work tonight so they could eat pasta and bread. They have been eating healthy right along with me. I'm down 7 #s. My mother is coming to stay for a month in mid Feb and she is having an entire NS order sent here so we can do it together. Kev laughed and said she hopes she can sleep with it cause we are out of room! LOL! (Don't worry, Mom, he's just teasing!) Did I happen to mention to anyone that Tara decided she didn't like a piece of hair that was hanging in her face so she cut it off? Yep, right in the front and she cut it close to the scalp. Now it is growing out but we call her spike. She hates it! I have actually caught her with the gel trying to get it to lay down but it is just at a perfect length to stick straight up and it does! We are hoping she learned her lesson. I think I remember doing something like that as a child? Hope you had a great day and I have some videos I'll post tomorrow when I get home. Aloha!

No comments: