Wednesday, January 03, 2007

New Years Resolutions

We hope everyone had a great Christmas and a New Year in moderation. Oops! I know a bunch of us who forgot about the moderation part!! Glad that's over.... Of course the kids are on break here and since Christmas we have been letting them enjoy all their presents and each other. New Years Eve I woke up after working the night before, and the kids were jumping up and down (literally) because they wanted to go hiking. Also before I drifted off to dream land, we were going to have a nice quiet Eve with the kids and watch the ball drop. On our way to Manoa Falls (Kevin missed this one the first time around and I knew it would be an hour round trip) Kevin tells me that every one's plans had changed and they were all coming over. Yiipppeee! The hike is always a good one and the kids discovered the use of a walking stick. I thought the hike was going to be over before it started. Big Guy, on the way to the trail head, took a big spill on the pavement. Scraped his elbow and there was blood and everything. Luckily five steps away kind people had left walking sticks leaning against the fence next to the trail head. Good distraction technique!! Every other time he fell I would hold my breath until I heard the familiar "I'm okay!". A little family event was a good start to our evening. Several hours later we were ringing in the new year with sparklers and small fireworks. We played several rounds of 3 man, broke in the new blinko/drinko game and pretty much acted as if we thought we were 21 again. Problem is when I was 21 I didn't have to wake with the baby the next morning. The only casualty we had was the trampoline. As we were throwing firecrackers in the air one fell on the tramp. Pete made heroic efforts at trying to retrieve it before it did any damage but it did make several small holes. The children may call for a mutiny over this one!! Yesterday we loaded up the car and went to the beach over on Bellows. Bellows has an incredible powder sand beach and the waves break a little ways out making it perfect for boogie boards. Tara, Tyler and Kev had a great time in the water and I was kicking myself for forgetting my camera. Baby Trey was picture perfect as he dragged a boogie board around by it's leash. Too cute!! I sat on the beach freezing while everyone else was playing in the water. I have gotten so acclimated to my hot house (Yes, the idiots of Forest City have still not fixed my air) that the slightest bit of coolness gives me the shivers. While we were there we made a reservation to go back next Sun/Mon and camp. We shall see how that event unfolds. I know I missed some birthdays too so happy birthday to Barb and Kelly! Hope you had a good one!! I titled this new years resolutions so let me share mine here. I was most pleased with my weight after having baby Trey and managed to keep it off for the 10 months that I nursed him. Since then it has been creeping back. So I have decided to get skinny. Don't laugh! I'm serious!! I joined Nutri System and am now waiting for the arrival of my meals. Hopefully, in a few months, I'll be complaining because my clothes don't fit any more!! Wish me luck and I hope all of your resolutions come true too!!!

No comments: