Friday, January 26, 2007

Mike and Judy are here!!


Mike and Judy have been visiting with us since the 16th. The children have had a grand time playing with their grandparents and Trey will even let them touch him now. (He was playing "hard to get"!) Judy and Kevin went out on a fishing trip. They caught lots of fish (the pictures are posted) but they both said the ocean reminded them of The Perfect Storm. The swells were pretty high but we ate well. We have been to the beach and we took them to the north shore to Turtle Beach too. I wasn't sure if there would be any turtles because as you know, the north shore swells can be huge in the winter time. When we first arrived they were hiding from us but eventually 4 or 5 showed up to play. Even Grandpa Mike was on the beach and caught a glimpse of my favorite island visitors. We stayed for a while and then headed down the coast to have another of my favorites- a shrimp truck plate lunch! We had scampi, hot and spicy and boiled with lemon. I tried to stay away from the scampi (all the butter is bad for my diet) but I did sample a little of the rice encrusted with huge chunks of garlic and seasonings. Yum yum! We have done some requested shopping and we are going out on the boat this Sunday. Mostly M & J have been around the house enjoying the kids and being a part of their "everyday". Kevin and I are staying in Waikiki for a couple nights and Judy is fully in charge!! She may leave sooner than planned!! We are staying at the Ohana Beachcomber right next to The International Market Place and have a beautiful view of the ocean and of the city at night. I am going to end this here so that I can head over to the beach. Can't you just feel the heat of the sun, hear the lapping sound of the waves and feel the warm sand between your toes?? I guess if it's cold and snowy that was pretty mean- tee hee hee!! Aloha!

No comments: