Wednesday, June 06, 2007

8 years, 3 kids, 3 states and 4 houses

Tuesday was a crazy day. My list of errands had me running all over base and into town too. The good thing was that for the first time in about 2 months, I did errands by myself. (Hey Pam! They did not sell Kev's uniforms!) Tara had volleyball pictures and then it was off to her first soccer practice. Her soccer coach is one of the coaches from cheering and I was quite impressed with her organization. She had already prepared a snack list, due dates for trophy/monogramming money, pictures have been scheduled and the date for the end of season party has been penciled in too! She was wearing her new cleats and there were lots of kids on the team that she knew so she was a happy camper. Tyler will have practices at the same time, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5-6. It will be another season of running between both, each child wanting me at practice and me wanting to be at both also. Do I sound as if I will be doing this alone? Maybe I am just pre-planning because my dear husband, who has been home for less than 48hrs, has already mentioned the possibility that he might be leaving for Italy in July. We shall see. Tyler had to get his first pairs of shin guards yesterday. He wore them to Tara's practice and brought his new soccer ball so that he could play too. He is so cute and he has so much enthusiasm for the sport, any sport actually.
Kevin and I celebrated our 20th, no 8th, wedding anniversary.****Hehehe**** We were able to work dinner into our schedule. Dinner alone and together. That, in and of itself, is amazing. Dinners out have almost becomce extinct in our lives and will remain that way till Trey is much older. The only way we usually eat out is if there is a play area or chips on the table immediately. Our dear neighbors kept the kids and we dined undisturbed. There were margaritas involved and it was a wonderful evening.
Tammy, Payden, Macy and Darby will arrive tonight. Tomorrow is Tara's last day of school. The madness will then begin. But, oh the fun we'll have!!

1 comment:

pasco49 said...

Oh man...... I am soooo sorry I didn't realize it was ya'lls anniversary! I would have showed up with Lei's and booze! Darn. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!