Monday, June 04, 2007

Yeeeaahh! Daddy's home!!


Yesterday after church we had Catholic Heritage Day. Food, face painting, bouncy houses and games are always a good way to mark the end of another year of CCD. The kids went to the pool in the afternoon and then we made the sign as seen in the picture. Tyler was sooo excited. We couldn't leave for the airport till 9p so Tyler kept bringing me the clock to let me know exactly what time it was. Tara found lots of flowers for Daddy and wrote lots of "I miss you and I love you notes". When the hour finally arrived I loaded 3 very excited children into the van. Baby Trey didn't know what was going on but if his brother and sister were happy, then he was happy too! The airport is a 20 min ride. Halfway there poor Tyler fell asleep. He tried so hard to stay awake. Trey hadn't made it off base before he fell into dreamland. I don't know how Tara did it but she yakked the whole way and somewhere within a minute of the airport, I think she fell asleep mid-sentence. Kevin arrived on time and climbed into a van full of adoring, sleeping kids and I whisked him away into the night.

No comments: