Sunday, November 05, 2006

Cosmic Forces

Have you ever heard of Sedona, Arizona? If you haven't it is a town nestled into the North West portion of the state. It is known for it's beautiful red rock formations. The red rock is actually sand stone and the entire area illuminates in brilliant reds and oranges with every rising or setting sun. Some call it the metaphysical center of the Earth. Whatever you feel about it- it is absolutely breath taking. When I visited, I took as a souvenir, a small piece of sand stone to remind me of the beauty that I saw there. That was 10 years, a marriage and 3 kids ago.
A few days ago my youngest child picked up my sand stone memory and hurled it across the room. I now have 3 rocks from Sedona. Just as dear, baby Trey was going to begin to pulverize the remaining pieces of stone- I saved them! They are now up high and out of reach.
Since Thursday I have been fighting a nasty cold. There is nothing worse than that feeling like your head will explode if you tilt it towards the floor. Friday wasn't too bad. Tara & Ty were both at school so Trey and I napped and became one with the couch. It was Saturday that I was dreading. Tara had a game over at Pearl. That's an hour and a half in the hot sun, chasing baby Trey and Tyler around while trying to keep an eye on the girls cheering so that I can, in good faith, congratulate Tara on their new stunts. But that is not what happened....
Tyler never misses an opportunity to go to cheering. Zach and Jake are Coach Angela's boys and that is the only place he gets to see them. Remember the mud ball pics? That's them! Anyway ,Tyler announced as we were getting ready to leave that he was going to stay here with Mr. Robert. I instantly said yes trying not to look too pleased. It's a 20 min drive to Pearl. Trey normally sleeps no more than an hour and he fell asleep almost instantly as we left the base. I pulled up to the field and I got rock star parking. First car, first row- I could see and hear everything the girls did as I sat in my air conditioned vehicle reading my book waiting for Trey to wake. Our girls didn't cheer at half time so they had the post game performance. As if on cue, Trey woke up about 5 minutes before the game ended. I strolled over, I watched the new routine, Trey sat in the stroller quietly drinking juice and then it was over. Completely painless! Enjoyable even.
Lucky day or the cosmic, metaphysical forces reverberating off that rock thanking me for not letting it become pulverized bits of dust? Uuuumm? Here's a picture of the little girls and their new stunt.

No comments: