Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Post-Turkey Day Update

Aloha! I am sure by now everyone has recovered from their self-inflicted turkey gluttony. This morning I actually threw out anything that was left, which wasn't much. Tara was greatly disappointed that we were out of the Thanksgiving ham. She asked if we could cook another so she could continue to have that ham on her sandwiches for lunch. I told her to wait a couple of weeks because Grandma Linda usually sends one of those awesome Heavenly Spiral Sliced Hams at Christmas (hint! hint!). Turkey Day was fabulous. The food was wonderful and, as it should be, there was way to much of it. We missed our family but we spent the day with lots of friends.
Congratulations goes to Pam for having the perseverance to sit at Walmart on the eve of black Friday. She was one the the 6 lucky shoppers to take home a 52in HDTV for $500.00. Way to go Pam! Tammy woke up early enough (with a little help from her brother) to get some good deals and shared the shopping experience with Darby and Macy. I also have heard about a dance involving Macy and an incredible black dress. Please send me a picture!!
I am going to pat myself on the back a little too. I have 95% of my shopping finished. I have a couple of small things to pick up but I am basically done! (Wow! This could be the year I actually have time to bake, but then again....) It's not even Dec 1 and my Christmas is just about done. My tree is beautiful, the lanai is festive and the reindeer are grazing in the front yard. Yeahhh me!
I finally gave in and went to the doctor Tuesday morning. I have a double ear infection and strep throat. I was sick for two weeks, on the mend for a week and a half and then woke up the day after turkey day miserable again. When I noticed my throat decorated with white spots I decided to give in and went to the doc. Hopefully, with the help of antibiotics, I'll be well soon. The lack of pictures is directly related to my misery.
Tara has a post-Thanksgiving Day skit at school tomorrow. She will be an Indian girl narrator and she has been reading and re-reading her part for weeks. I am sure there will be some pictures from that little performance.

No comments: