Thursday, November 02, 2006

The rain is still falling. Day after day of rain is unusual for this time of year. The problem with rain here is that it's just rain. Rain should always be accompanied by loud cracks of thunder and bolts of lightening that sizzle and light up the sky. A brilliant, electrifying storm makes the rain okay in my book. Since we don't have cold weather here, rainy days tend to bring on those yearnings for chili and hot cocoa. The rain could also be categorized as torrential downpour, and even with an umbrella one still gets wet. Wet people in the air conditioner get colds which would be the reason I'm sitting here with a box of tissues, Alka-Selter Plus cold medicine and my small, but always treasured, bottle of Vick's Vapor Rub. The kids have fared pretty well. Tara did her one day of being "sick", Tyler had one night with a crummy tummy and baby Trey just has a runny nose. I am the last one to get sick so hopefully we are done!
I'm never sick so I don't do colds well. I feel grumpy, sleep deprived and of course I don't get sick till Kev is out of town. C'est la vie!
As of November 16th Tyler will be attending pre-school 5 days a week!! Yah hooo! It will be just the baby and me! If I am this excited now wait till baby Trey starts pre-school too! I won't know what to do with myself! I can go to the gym more, go to the beach, the pool, the mall even.... OOOOHHHHH! I can almost feel the glorious solitude! All in good time.
I think for now I'll go make some chili.

No comments: