Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Happy Day!

Happy birthday Mike! Poppop had surgery and came through just fine and Kevin's home!!! Yeeaah!! What a great day! I'm posting from work (yes I'm at work and it's still a great day!) so this is getting out later than I wanted. The kids were out of school for elections so Kevin and I took the kids and went to the beach. We all managed to get in some snorkeling and I even got to lay in the sand and soak up some sun. Kevin, being the fun Dad that he is, was pushing the big kids in on the boogie boards so they could "surf". This was the first Trey had been to the beach since he began walking. He has no fear. Walked straight for the water each and every time and would laugh as the waves lapped at his feet. He too shall be another welcomed water baby! Kevin was rolling a ball with him and as he chased it, he covered himself in sand from top to bottom and laughed the entire time. The kids had so much fun and they are always so excited when Dad comes home. I've been pretty miserable with my cold so I haven't done much but lounge on the couch (and take care of kids and play taxi) so Kevin was being Mr. Mom tonight. He washed clothes, cooked dinner and cleaned the kitchen. It is so nice to have him home. And did I mention I feel much better? Is there anything a trip to the beach can't fix?
Poppop had surgery. His docs had discussed the possibility of having a Garterstone procedure. (If anyone can tell me about range-of-motion after this procedure please e-mail me.) Fortunately, when they got him in the OR and were able to visualize his hip, they were able to do a simple replacement of the ball. He's got a lot of rehab to do but with lots of love and support I am confident he'll do just fine.
Grandpa Mike, one day we'll be around for your birthday. I'm glad the kids were able to sing to you but I promise you don't look like a monkey or smell like one too! Hope you had a great day!

Hey KC this pic is for you (thanks Amparo)!!!

No comments: