Thursday, December 14, 2006

Bad Day Ends Okay!

My Wednesday didn't start well. When I jumped in the van to take Tyler to school I noticed a paper sent home from cheer leading practice about a cupcake exchange for Thursday. Instant panic mode set in. I called coach Angela when I got home to find out how many cupcakes I would have to make and her first question was "Where were you on Sunday?". I didn't have a clue what she was talking about. To make a long, sad story short, I had the dates confused about Tara's end of season gala party and she missed it. The invitation has been hanging on the fridge for 2 weeks and Kev and I both thought the party was the 16th. That's the date written on the calendar and in our minds it was set in stone. The mommy guilt set in and I was miserable all day. To make amends, I got on-line and ordered tickets for the Nutcracker so she could still wear her oh-so-fancy dress.

Tara got home and I tearfully gave her a hug and apologized. My dear sweet child looked into my eyes and said "It's okay mom" and that made it even worse.

Shortly after I got the bad news, I got another call. The cheerleaders had been invited to an impromptu performance by the Indianapolis Colts Cheerleaders at Hickam. Well of course we had to go. The show was the closing performance for their USO event they had been performing in the desert for our military. It was actually pretty awesome and the girls were entranced. The show was about an hour and a half. Certain girls were selected from each base to go up on stage and place a lei on the Colt girls as part of their finale. The coaches chose Tara since she missed the party. She talked non-stop on the way home and she caught a t-shirt and got all the girls autographs. I got major cool points for this one. I am now mommy guilt free!

We got Tyler and Trey's pictures in yesterday too. Tyler got a t-shirt with all three poses on the front. He slept in it last night and insisted on wearing it to school today. The pictures were great and I have posted them under More Photos Here. The USO show pics are there too!!

1 comment:

Devra said...

If it makes you feel any better, I screwed up the dates and missed my son's last day of preschool! It happens to all of us. We're just muddling thru this motherhood thing the best we can.

Aviva and I are trying to absolve guilt...One Mommy at a time.

Your turn is now!