Monday, December 18, 2006

The Nutcracker

I have fond memories of seeing the Nutcracker and I have been waiting for years to take Tara. I think it is just part of the holiday season and one of those things your just supposed to do. Tara got to wear her fancy black dress (finally) so she didn't really care where we were going. She was pretty impressed with the symphony and she was very excited to point out the instruments that she recognized. When the ballet began she ooohed and ahhhed over costumes and only once did she say very loudly "It would still be better if they talked, mom!". She enjoyed act I but by the end of act II she was bored. She didn't admit it but she got squirmy and she just wanted to unwrap the Christmas ornament of the ballerina she hooked me into buying at intermission. She did very well though. She was quiet, attentive and clapped appropriately. I occasionally had to be narrator because the story wasn't quite the same as Barbie and the Nutcracker. We had dinner after and did some shopping and I believe our Mommy-Daughter date was a success! Uuum...maybe next year I can take Big Guy? Nah! What am I thinking???

No comments: