Saturday, August 11, 2007

Have I mentioned....?

I don't know if I have told many of you this but we are pretty sure (85%) we will be moving to Jacksonville, Fl at the end of next school year. I am not too keen on moving, since I am pretty positive I could live here for the rest of my life without any regrets. But...if I have to move, Florida is okay in my book. The ocean isn't far, and the weather is a whole lot better than Maine. Kelly D lives few hours away on the west coast, the Reyes family will be moving just a little south of us, CC is in Atlanta, they have a professional football team and my DH has an in with one of the coaches. The kids are at a perfect age to enjoy all the attractions of Orlando (military season tickets to Disney are half price), air fare to Va is fast and fairly cheap, I love the Keys, it's a great place to come visit and the winters are wonderful. There are no state taxes, the neighborhoods are built as communities with their own schools, pools and water parks and the housing market isn't ridiculously over priced. The base has a hospital on post along with childcare and all the amenities to which we have grown accustomed. I am excited to again be able to shop at Target!! I am also trying to convince myself of how wonderful Florida will be by writing all the "pros" down. To be sure, I have to jot down the "cons". Hot humid summers, traffic, congestion and once again returning to the rat race which is known as life in the big city. I am going to repeat over and over "It's going to be wonderful, It's going to be wonderful, It's going to be wonderful.."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Watch what you say about Maine....Have you ever BEEN to Maine? (Gotta be the whitest state in the union, and that's WITHOUT the snow.) There are most definitely worse places you could go, MARIA! Of course you'd have to live in fear that you'd meet someone related to ME!!!MOOOOHAHAHAHA!