Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Wow! So much to say! So much to write about!
I have bad news. Work has asked me to extend my contract. They now want me to remain in the clinic through the end of December. Monday through Friday. I became a nurse so I didn't have to work 5 days a week. I don't mind the job, I sort of like it. They need the help too. So, if you do a good job, your are rewarded. The term that applies here, as with most things in life, is karma. My company has always treated me justly and fairly so I will do this favor for them. (Hey, I just found out I have accrued PAL time so I feel as if I owe 'em!) I will bite the bullet and stick it out. It's only 3 more months. Three more months of not languishing on the shores of the beach and enjoying the peace and the beauty that comforts me there. (What am I doing?!?) It's okay though, I know the warm sands of tranquility are there and will be at my next duty station too!
Not much has changed here. Tara is enjoying cheering and Big Guy is loving football. Football for 4-5-year-olds is a comedy in the making. Whichever poor child ends up with the pigskin is the base of a massive dog pile. It is play after play of the dog pile that moves down the field. They haven't yet grasped the concept that they are on the same team, nor that they are playing flag football and there is no tackling in flag football. Tara is participating in drama club. I don't know why she has to go to school to find drama, but it is an extracurricular activity and if it makes her happy, it makes me happy. Both are attending CCD. Big Guy wasn't real excited about it last year. This year he has lots of friends from his sports endeavors and from the CDC so he is very comfortable. It's a big year for Tara. She will receive First Holy Communion. She is very excited and a little too motivated. My dear daughter has the ten commandments posted on the refrigerator and is quick to point out the difference between right and wrong. My DH has been standing in for Mom and making the rounds at school for family lunch days. Gotta love the Dad that makes family a priority.
Tara and I had a Girls Afternoon Out. Saturday we took in a performance of the Lion King. The show was absolutely breath taking. The costumes and theatrics were incredible. Tara was wide-eyed with amazement and appreciated the story so much more because it was one that was familiar to her. She laughed and clapped and we all stood together for a much deserved standing ovation. If you get chance and opportunity this is one not to be missed.
I must now extinguish the power of the pen. It is back to work time for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This remarkable phrase is necessary just by the way