Sunday, September 02, 2007

Worst Parents Ever

My daughter is a sap. It's been confirmed before and there is no end in sight. She cries over movies, stray cats that aren't with their family and even flowers that die after being picked. This weekend she went over the top in the drama queen game.
Kevin and I have a 19" TV that we have had since we were married. It was actually left in his old apartment by one of his roommates that moved out too quickly. The name brand is Crozely. It's wrapped in a faux wood tone and is so old it has one port on the back to which you can hook up cable. We had to buy a special RF modulator thingy to be able to watch DVDs. In the last year, the picture has become snowy and it was just time to be rid of the old eye sore. This past weekend I had time to hit some yard sales in search of a replacement. I got a great deal on a 29" Panasonic TV with a built in DVD player. The DH and I did the juggle, move and replace thing and finally put the old TV out by the road for the trash to pick up. All is well, right?
WRONG!!!
We found our DD crying hysterically with her arms wrapped around the TV. After Kevin and I got done giggling over the situation while watching through the window, I bit the bullet and went to talk with her. Amidst the sniffles and sobs she proceeded to tell me that it wasn't fair. She had been with this particular TV since she was a baby and why couldn't we keep it? I tried to talk of living and non-living things and she wasn't buying any of it. Why couldn't it stay in a closet until we moved and then it could be put in a play room again where Baby Trey could watch it too? I shook my head and went back inside knowing I couldn't win against this particular chain of thought. I later discovered that my DD had rolled the thing back into the house and I almost tripped over it as I came down the stairs. It is now back in the yard and she periodically sits with it. I can only imagine the conversations are about how mean and evil her parents are for throwing it out. I am sure we are the worst parents ever! Drama Queen!

No comments: