Saturday, September 22, 2007

That's Love

I am double dipping today but I am feeling rejuvenated! When Baby Trey woke up I was really yearning for the beach. Tara and Tyler were out playing and I was tired of waiting for them. Since I have been working (I won't take that statement any further because I know you are tired of me whining about working) we are all growing quite pale. We are beginning to look as if we live in Alaska and not Hawaii. I was killing time, pacing back and forth when my DH said "Honey if you want to go to the beach why don't you go..." At this point in his sentence I took off like the wind, raced up stairs, changed into my favorite "no one will see me suit", grabbed a book, my keys and a towel and was almost back downstairs before he could finish his sentence with "...and I'll bring the kids if they want to go when they get home." That my friends is love. He earned huge brownie points for that one statement. I don't know if it was love for me or love for football, but really, does it matter? I was out the door before he could reconsider. I heard him say something about look for them as you go up the hill but I ducked my head and hoped for a clean escape. I drove on auto-pilot to Secret Beach. Apparently the secret is out (I'll blame that on Melissa and Ray!!!) because my spot was full and I was in search of quiet solitude. I drove a little more and found a nice deserted patch of sand further down. I spent an hour in deep thought about life and things when I noticed a beautiful girl walking the beach. That beautiful girl was Tara followed by Tyler, Trey and my DH. The few moments alone were nice, but the joy I felt in seeing my family, and the fun we had playing in the water and throwing around the clay we dug up with our hands and feet, was priceless. Aloha...

No comments: