Friday, October 05, 2007

Buffett, Remotes and the Dentist

The DH and I went to see Buffett last night for the Honolulu stop of the Bama Breeze tour. I apologize to any and all that I called while there to torment with me yelling "Listen!! I'm at Buffett!" and then holding the phone in the air for them to hear the show on their voicemail for at least 5 minutes. Kevin and I left the house with no idea where the Waikiki Shell was even located. With the help of friendly Parrotheads we found the stage and even snagged some Jello-shooters on the walk in. Once upon a time it was illegal to bring cameras or video recording devices into a concert. I wanted to be able to snap a picture so I smuggled in the DH's small digital camera. People everywhere were holding their huge DLRs with their ginormous telephoto lenses. I guess I need not have worried. So lots of people probably have spectacular images of Jimmy on stage and I have a barefoot blurr in a yellow shirt and blue jean shorts. Yoohoo!
Chantell arrived at the show around 4 in the afternoon to get in line to get in, an hour and a half later. You go Chantell! She got the best lawn seats in the house! Great job and thanks!
I love to go to a Buffett concert. People are there of every age. We had teens on one side and a group that had to be in their late fifties on the other. Buffett is timeless. There was a guy that I chatted with that was bringing his daughter to her first concert. She must have been all of 10-12 years-old. That made me laugh. My DD had told me a couple of hours earlier
"Mom! That's not fair! I want to go! He sings the Cheeseburger song!"
That made me proud. My seven year old knows who Jimmy Buffett is. Sorry Paula- I met no one from Utah. The place was packed. The usual beach balls and balloons were a flyin' around, the smell of Maui was everywhere, and Jimmy commented on how awesome it is to be on the beach and then walk over to enjoy the show. The music was as it always is- fantastic. I hope he tours for many more years!
_______________

Emily stayed with the kids last night. We were almost late leaving because we couldn't find the remotes to the TVs. FYI- Kev went into Tyler's room this morning and found 5 remotes and a phone. The question is not just why but also who???
_______________

We all went to a new dentist yesterday. The kids were great. Tara expressed her concern over the fact that she has only lost 2 teeth. The dentist assured her she would lose more. He told me she would probably lose them rapidly around the same time. He did point out that Tyler would probably be the exact opposite. His roots are already deteriorating. He might actually beat his sister at something! Usually when I go to a dentist I open my my mouth and I see $ in their eyes and can hear the "Ca-ching" of money flying from my account. I loved this guy! He said
"Your teeth look great!"
Holy guacamole! No crown? No artificial bone grafting surgery? No root canals? No belittling for not doing something that I do already? I wanted to add him to my Christmas card list right there in the chair! The entire place was friendly! I never get this excited over a dentist!! I am still in disbelief. Not that anybody wants to know this, but the bone graft worked! My pockets were reduced from 7-9 to nothing but 2-3s. If you have no idea what I am talking about that's good. If you do then you know that's great!! Okay, I am going to quit gushing about a dental visit now. Don't forget to floss!!

No comments: