Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Yet Another School Holiday!

One of the perks of being contract is that I am able to take off when my kids are out of school. Here in Hawaii they have "year round" school. I think that is actually code for "take as many holidays as you want" school. We are currently enjoying Fall Break which began with Sept 28th being Waiver Day, Oct 1-5 being Fall Break and Oct 8 being Teacher Institute Day. I could be wrong but Teacher Institute Day used to be Columbus Day. In an effort to be politically correct, it became Discoverer's Day and, for the life of me, I haven't a clue what Teacher Institute Day represents. Any guesses that don't involve the obvious joke of teaching and their right to being institutionalized?
If you read this you know my boys have been sick. PUKING, FEVERISH, MISERABLE sick. Today has been a complete change. I have been on the computer doing things people do on the computer while my children run wild and rampant through the house.
-Trey has brought me no less than 3 Halloween sized candy bars from the bag that is hidden. I have tried to finish what I am doing and happily opened each one and sent him away with smiles on his chocolaty face
-Tara has finished her Christmas list. I tell her that her Christmas list can only be 10 items long so that we don't overwhelm Santa with our requests. She has met my requirement by making a new list, 10 items long, daily.
-Tyler has been grazing through the kitchen eating everything in his path. He hasn't touched solid food for 3 days. He is making up for it now. Obvious sign of wellness!
-After each candy bar, Baby Trey opens the fridge, grabs the gallon of milk and drags it to me. Than he finds a sipee cup and does the same while yelling "Mom-myyyy, milk, and Barrnneeeyy! Thank heavens for Time Warner and Kids on Demand.
-Trey is my touchy feely child. If you remove his diaper he pushes his button. If you take off his shirt he plays with his circuit breakers. Now he has discovered the joy in pulling up Mommy or Daddy's shirt and playing in their belly button. That is what he is doing right now. I must go do something fun with my children!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trey has also taken to molesting me, as it were. He loves the prego belly button, which when touched makes me nearly puke. He's also a boob man...and gets a big ol' smile on his face when I'm wearing something cleavagey, which as you know....could even be a turtle neck! Hehe. Little turd.