Tuesday, September 02, 2008

First Day of School!!



Woohoo! Yeah! First day back to school! Mom was sooooo excited! The kids? Well, yeah, they were excited too!

Tara had me drive her since that is what we did on her first day in Hawaii. Tyler skipped all that and jumped right on the bus.

Trey was a little disappointed that he didn't get to go to school. So when Big Guy waved good-bye Trey and I went inside to pack his backpack. We fixed a snack, added a sipee of chocolate milk and threw in a diaper and a few wipes just in case. He put his little shoes on the correct feet and loaded himself into the van. I was explaining how much fun he would have in his "classroom" at the Y (okay it's just daycare for the length of time I work out but what does he know?) and he was genuinely excited.

I drove all of 3 blocks before he fell soundly asleep.

My plans are normally veered off their desired course so I easily found things to keep me occupied in the van for an hour of nap time. I found my way to the gym and a very rested boy had a great time playing with others and new toys too!

Tara and Tyler ran off the buses with smiles on their faces and wonderful stories of their first day. Yeeaaa! I so hope they stay this happy!

No comments: