Thursday, July 26, 2007

Potter Finale

I'm done! I finished it. The end has come and gone for me and Harry Potter. The end was so final. No more of Potter and friends and their escapades at Hogwarts. All of my patients rooms had a copy of The Deathly Hallows on their bedside tables. I was their sleepy nurse who had given up her nightly slumber to diligently read the final chapters. I couldn't begin with the new book. Nope. Had to go back and read #6 so the story lines were fresh. I am usually not one to reread(?) books. This time I may make an exception. But not yet. Tara is becoming fascinated with the movies. I long for the time when I can sit with the kids and read to them this enthralling tale of magic and muggels and mythical creatures. I hope it is as magical a story to them as it has been to the rest of us. Thanks J. K. Rowling for the incredible stories of courage, strength, friendship, love and imagination!!

No comments: