Monday, July 23, 2007

"Wastin' Away in Margaritaville"

The only thing that would make sitting on the beach with a cooler of Coronas any better would be listening to Jimmy Buffet. While I am not an official Parrothead I am one at heart and have been for years. (Anyone remember the hat I had with the huge red parrot on top?) Maybe it has to do with my love of the ocean, or the sound of the steel drums or maybe it is his laid back "no worries" type lyrics but I love Buffett. My DH arrived home yesterday. Due to jet lag he was awake at 4am and browsing any and every internet site he came across. There was a blurb about Buffett coming to the Waikiki Shell and he immediately logged into ticket master and got us tickets. YEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!! I am so excited! I am like a little kid that just got the bestest gift ever!! Buffett tickets! ***taking deep,calming breaths*** Ok, ok I am pathetic, but sheeesh ,Kevin bought Buffett tickets. He hasn't done anything that wise since the day we got married! ;)
I was so excited I skipped over the part where I am supposed to say "Daddy's home Daddy's home!" Kevin arrived home Sunday morning in Honolulu. Tyler went with me and Tara stayed home so Macy could do her hair and make it pretty for Daddy's arrival. I, being the horrible, stressed-out, puked on, pooped on wife of the last week said "Tag! You're it!" as soon as he walked in the door. He took the kids and Macy to the Hale Koa and I began reading the new Harry Potter book in a house that was strangely, wonderfully quiet. It was heavenly. Speaking of heaven, my DH is fixing breakfast. Aloha!

No comments: